Under general supervision, performs a variety of technical planning functions supporting the review and approval of building permit documents and planning cases; responds to questions and inquiries from the general public regarding planning policies and regulations.
The City of Reno is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity. This commitment is also part of our effort to prepare for a more diverse and representative workforce.
Note: The salary and benefits associated with this position are subject to change at any time.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Review building plans for completeness, accuracy, and conformance with applicable zoning codes; contact applicants to advise them of additions, deletions and/or corrections necessary to ensure conformance with current codes.
- Receive telephone and in person inquiries regarding City zoning ordinances, applications, and other related matters.
- Maintain manual and computerized records of planning cases; organize data for easy accessibility to planners and others; prepare maps, charts, graphs and statistical exhibits for inclusion in planning reports and publications; perform plan checking for conformance to City ordinances.
- Assist in the preparation of studies and perform other tasks as assigned in support of professional planning staff; collect, verify and compile land use data from existing descriptions, maps, field surveys, reports and records from other agencies.
- Receive, review and process applications for special use permits, variances, zone changes, and other planning cases; check for accuracy and completeness; interpret City codes and other policies and standards.
- Make field surveys and investigations related to planning and zoning projects.
- Assemble packets for Planning Commission members; assemble and post agendas for meetings and legal notices for publication.
- Distribute planning packets to appropriate City staff for review; assemble and mail applicant letters and development review memos for new cases; create mailing address lists to be used in mailing public notices.
- Participate in various special projects involving research, data collection, and analysis as required.
- Perform related duties as required.