The City of Minneapolis is hiring a Public Works Transportation Planner. Minneapolis, MN. Salary listed.
Manage and deliver a wide range of citywide and regional transportation projects in a sub-division of the Public Works Department ensuring compliance with Federal, State and Local requirements. This position will manage the delivery of pedestrian, bikeway, and street reconstruction projects, which will require significant coordination with other divisions within Public Works and across other City departments. This position will work directly with elected officials, residents, property owners, businesses, members of the community, and other regional agencies.
The current vacancy is with the Public Works Transportation Planning & Programming Division and this position will report to a Supervisor Transportation Planner within the division. The anticipated starting salary for this position will be $72,575 – $80,462.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manage short and long-term transportation projects, programs, and initiatives in order to positively impact and improve the transportation system.
• Manage the delivery of a wide range of capital improvement projects, such as pedestrian safety improvements, protected bikeways, safe routes to school, and street reconstruction projects.
• Maintain working knowledge of new and existing design standards and guidelines, best practices, innovative design concepts, and design methodologies.
• Oversee, negotiate, draft, manage and administer contracts and schedules with consultants, contractors, and external organizations.
• Develop and maintain professional relationships with City staff, regional partners, private sector staff, and others involved in transportation planning and engineering.
• Communicate with City Council, residents; businesses, community groups, and other governmental agencies to facilitate all phases of projects or initiatives.
• Represent Public Works with the City’s Bicycle ·and Pedestrian Advisory Committees and the Community in general to obtain their input and participation on various transportation projects, programs, and initiatives.
• Responsibility for the completion of other efforts/projects as assigned.