UrbanTrans North America (UrbanTrans) is a woman operated and owned transportation consulting firm with
offices in Atlanta, Toronto, Denver and Los Angeles. Our energetic firm is made up of complementary and collaborative industry experts. We share a common desire to deliver exceptional work to our clients and to our communities.
UrbanTrans specializes in innovative transportation solutions with a focus on transportation demand management program development and delivery. This includes organizational development, stakeholder outreach/management, market-based policy development, multi-modal and active transportation planning.
Our mission is to create sustainable environments by developing and advancing innovative transportation solutions.
We believe that increasing the availability and viability of convenient travel choices for all benefits communities, employers, developers, and citizens by reducing transportation infrastructure spending, alleviating congestion and improving air quality.
UrbanTrans is seeking a transportation demand management (TDM) program intern who will assist in areas of:
• Employer transportation program implementation
• Transportation behavior change pilots and programs
• Development, production and delivery of marketing efforts (including outreach events)
• Transportation program research
• Market research (focus groups, electronic surveys, intercept surveys, etc.)
• Tailored commuter guidance and assistance
• Contributing regular updates to database(s) and database management/maintenance
• Program evaluation tasks
• General administrative support
The TDM intern will work with staff from our Atlanta office supporting the implementation of TDM programs. The intern’s manager is located in the Atlanta office. Hours are flexible and can adjust based on the intern’s class schedule. Education and Work Experience Requirements:
• Currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student at a college or university in a policy, planning, public health, marketing, behavioral economics, or related program
• Recent completion or current enrollment in course work that is directly relevant and readily applicable to urban and transportation planning or policy
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills to work closely with various audiences. Computer skills including knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office suite. Must be able to prioritize work and manage multiple tasks. Strong organizational, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills required. Knowledge of sustainable transportation industry is highly desirable.
Please send a resume to Anna Roberts at firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than August 5, 2019.
URBANTRANS NORTH AMERICA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. URBANTRANS HAS AN OPEN WORKPLACE THAT CELEBRATES DIVERSITY.