Envision Utah is looking for a planning intern to help us implement a variety of projects.
Planning interns are responsible for helping ensure that the planning staff can accomplish its responsibilities. The planning intern position at Envision Utah enables students or recent graduates to gain valuable insights and practical knowledge in a unique professional setting. In turn, Envision Utah highly values the contributions and innovations of students and recent grads and looks for opportunities to learn from and employ new skill sets and ideas. Internship circumstances vary considerably based on student needs and current projects, though we generally focus on meeting the needs of graduate level students. Often, internships are used to fulfill graduation requirements.
Functions vary based on specific needs, but may include:
- General support to planners and Envision staff
- Research and data collection/preparation
- Maps and exhibit preparation; spatial analysis
- Preparation of materials for meetings, community events, and reports
- Meeting participation and assistance
- Other tasks as assigned
- Planning interns report to the project manager for a given project, or as assigned
- Current or recent college student (not necessarily in an urban planning program), preferably a master’s candidate or recent graduate
- Experience in/strong understand of land use and transportation planning, public engagement, negotiation, and communicating complex ideas.
- Short-term internships are often intended for students currently pursuing their education, and longer-term internships are generally geared toward recent graduates
This can be a part-time or full-time position. Interns at Envision Utah are typically paid $10/hr. Start- and end-dates are negotiable.
Please send your resume and a brief cover letter to Ryan Beck: email@example.com
Call Ryan at 801-303-1458 if you have any questions.
A Little More about Envision Utah
Envision Utah is a nonprofit located in Salt Lake City, Utah. At Envision Utah, we bring people together to look to the future and find solutions the state’s most pressing challenges. The focus of our projects ranges from air quality to land use to education to agriculture and more—and all of these projects need communications support! Working for Envision Utah brings something new all the time and lets you play a role in some really great things happening in Utah.